Closed: Mint Masala Mussels & Giveaway Competition
A couple of months back I attended an “Evening of Flavour” event run by Loyd Grossman sauces, chef John Quilter – aka the “Food Busker,” and food trends agency The Food People. The event was held at the Underground Cookery School, where we explored upcoming food and flavour trends. At the start of the event we sipped on espresso martini’s, while learning about the key trends for 2014-15. These included small plate dining, Persian, Israeli, and Greek food, food mash-ups, and dude food. John Quilter created several dishes for us to sample, with one key ingredient, a range of Loyd Grossman’s cooking sauces. The Korean Fried Chicken, Lobster Thermidor Mac & Cheese, and Iberian Pork Schnitzel were my favourites from the evening.
The Spicy Pear is offering two of its readers a chance to win an exclusive curry pack. For your chance to win, all you need to do is like The Spicy Pear Facebook page (click here), Follow @thespicypears and @LoydFood on Twitter, and leave a comment below telling us what you would create with your limited edition MINT MASALA sauce. Please ensure you leave a valid email address with your comment.
The hamper includes essential items to create the perfect Indian takeaway at home, including the new Loyd Grossman Limited edition MINT MASALA sauce, the Loyd Grossman classic Tikka sauce, a recipe card, Loyd Grossman Naan Bread, rice, and a Balti dish.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to all readers over 18, residing in England.
- Closing date of the competition is Friday 28th November 2014 at 23:59.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Two lucky winners will be chosen using random number generator, and will be notified by email on Monday 1st December. If the winners do not respond within 48 hours of the email, new winners will be selected at random
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for a cash alternative or any other prize.
Mint Masala Mussels
- 1 kg Mussels, cleaned and debarred, with any closed shells discarded
- 1 banana shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- 50 ml white wine
- 3 tablespoons double cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- half a jar of Loyd Grossman MINT MASALA sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- coriander leaves for garnish
- Place a large sauce pan on medium heat and heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and shallots and sauté until they softened. Add the wine and simmer for a minute, then add the mussels and the cream, cover with lid, and steam until most of the shells have opened (will take around 5 minutes). Get rid of any mussels that haven’t opened.
- In the meantime, heat the mint masala sauce in a smaller saucepan.
- When the mussels are ready, put on a bowl and place a spoonful of mint masala sauce on each mussel. Garnish with coriander and serve with naan bread.