Spaghetti With Lemon Sauce4.0 stars based on 24 reviews
Happy New Year Spicy Pear followers. Hope you are all enjoying the first week of 2014.
This month I am hosting the Pasta Please Challenge run by Jacqueline of Tinned Tomatoes and I am enjoying all the wonderful entries. The current theme is garlic and I hope you will join in too. The deadline is 28 January 2014.
I enjoy eating pasta. For me, it is the ultimate comfort food. You can be as simple or extravagant as you like with the ingredients and come up with something that is deliciously satisfying. Spaghetti with lemon sauce is one of my favourite pasta dishes. It uses up ingredients that are always in my house and is incredibly quick and easy to make. The parmesan and lemony flavours are heaven in a bowl. My only addition, to take this recipe to the next level, would be adding toasted pine nuts.
- 120g spaghetti
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/4tsp chilli flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- Place a large saucepan with salted boiling water on medium heat. Add the spaghetti and cook for the amount of time stated on the packet, I boiled mine for 9 minutes until al dente.
- Drain the water once the spaghetti is ready but do keep a cup of the starchy water aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan. When the oil is hot, add the chilli flakes and finely chopped garlic and fry for about 30 seconds until the garlic has softened. Add the cooked spaghetti, lemon zest, juice and starchy water and ensure the pasta is fully coated in the sauce. Put the heat on high to let the sauce thicken. Add salt, pepper and as much parmesan as you wish.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, grated parmesan and freshly ground pepper.
I am linking this post to Simply.Food’s Flavours of Italy Grand Finale event.