Chilli Lamb Chops
I love recipes that require minimum effort and are bursting with flavour.
After a busy day, all I want to do is bung something in the oven, pour a large glass of wine and relax in front of the TV. At these times, I turn to Nigella for inspiration. Her lamb cutlets with chilli and black olives are delicious (see here for recipe)! Below is my take on her dish – in fact I am roasting a batch in the oven as I write this post.
- 6 lamb loin chops (organic if possible)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lime, juice only and an extra lime for garnish.
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped - alternatively use 1 tablespoon dried chilli flakes
- Handful of kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or enough to lightly coat the chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients and cover with cling film.
- Place in the fridge and marinate overnight, or at least 30 minutes so that the lamb can absorb all the flavours.
- Preheat the oven 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Put the chops into a shallow roasting pan that has been lined with foil. Cook for 30 minutes if you like the chops medium, and 45 minutes for well done.
- Serve with lime wedges and salad leaves.