Want to serve something different at your Christmas party? Try Chapli kebabs – succulent lamb patties with a hint of pomegranate.
- 500g lamb mince, organic
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 red cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp pomegranate powder (anardhana powder) or 1 tsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp crushed red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1 lime, juice only
- Handful of gram flour (besan) or corn flour.
- Handful of coriander, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Add all the above ingredients in the bowl and marinate overnight.
- When you are ready to cook them, shape into balls and flatten in the palm of your hands.
- Place a frying pan on high heat and add the oil. When the oil gets very hot, turn the heat down to medium, add the patties and shallow fry on both sides until cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, lime wedges and finely sliced red onions that have been soaked with lime juice and pomegranate powder.